Hong Kong's student visa and work visa are very different

hong kong visa

Going to study in Hong Kong every student has to go through the thing is the visa, from the student visa issued by the school and after graduation the Hong Kong government sends one year IANG and merit specialization and so on, make you confused.

In this issue, we will introduce the visa issues of studying in Hong Kong one by one, so that you have a clear understanding.

Student Visa

It is usually handled by the admitting organization. Student visas are working visa extension hong kong issued by the Immigration Department to allow non-Hong Kong nationals to study in Hong Kong. They cannot change their schools and majors without permission.

We need to pay attention to is holding a different student visa in Hong Kong people are not allowed to work in Hong Kong, China, full-time employees, only to be able to actively participate in weekly internships and summer social work, internships teachers, then you need to be related to their own professional development, and can be weekly can not be more than 20 hours, approved by the Immigration Department and the school can be internships; and the summer practice time is then from June 1 to August 31, the beginning of the end. The summer practice time is from June 1 to August 31, during which the types of work and working hours are not restricted, and it is much more flexible, so it is also called summer work.


Immigration Arrangements for Non-local Graduates (IANG) has been known as the most liberal visa system: no quota, as long as the non-local students who have studied full-time officially recognized undergraduate or above courses in Hong Kong, they can stay in Hong Kong unconditionally within one year after graduation and work in Hong Kong without any restriction during the validity period of their visas; after expiration, the employer can apply for renewal. The employed organization can apply for renewal of the visa, which is valid for 2 years for the first time, 3 years for the second time, and 3 years for the third time, until permanent resident status is obtained.

Hong Kong Quality Migrant Admission Scheme

The Hong Kong Quality Migrant Admission Scheme (QMAS) is designed to attract high-tech talents to settle in Hong Kong in order to enhance Hong Kong's competitiveness. The application is flexible and there are no asset or job restrictions, and there is no need to look for a job in Hong Kong in advance.

But generally speaking, you need to meet some of the provisions and according to the scoring standards such as age, education, work experience, language, etc. There is a scoring standard, the passing score is 80, the maximum score is 225 points, the minimum only need to apply for Hong Kong's talented people, the list of professions can be additional points, such as actuaries, shipbuilders, etc., but pay attention to a certain quota each year until seven years to obtain the status of permanent resident. Resident qualification.

The most flexible and easiest to renew, the most free, the most flexible visa, you can change jobs in Hong Kong at will after approval, do not need to apply to the Immigration Department, start a company, study.

Admission of Mainland Talents and Professionals Scheme

People applying for employment in Hong Kong under the Admission of Mainland Talents and Professionals Scheme or the General Employment Policy need to find a company in Hong Kong willing to employ you and act as your sponsor before applying for a work visa.

Hong Kong companies in the recruitment, the relevant positions in the local recruitment of professionals required, this time the need to introduce external "talent" to fill, such as finance, shipping, trade, tourism, services, electronics, real estate, film and television industries are more welcome to the Talent Scheme. Not the above popular industries, but also Hong Kong's scarce talents, also have the opportunity to apply. Even if they only have a tertiary qualification, but have good technical qualifications, proven professional competence and possess relevant documents to prove relevant work experience and achievements, they still have a good chance of being approved, and of course, they can also be self-employed.

However, it should be noted that professionals are not allowed to change jobs at will and need to obtain the consent of the Immigration Department, as they are specifically employed by the company.

Article recommended